葡京游戏官网johnstown christian school was founded in 1944 by a group of mennonite families who were concerned about the spiritual growth and development of their children. the school was reorganized in 1973 as the johnstown christian school to better reflect the broader christian community of the johnstown area that is being served.
The school has a long history of investing in new paths for education that benefits the families of Cambria, Somerset, and Westmoreland counties. We have grown and changed numerous times in many ways over the past 75+ years:
1945 - The original building was erected as Johnstown Mennonite School
1946 - First class of students graduate
1954 - Addition of 4 classrooms
1968 - breezeway and gym were built
1971 - Name changed to JCS with a broadened mission to reach more families and students. Patrons voted on September 28, 1971.
1980 - Gymnasium added (Groundbreaking in 1979 - and the old gym converted into classrooms)
1993 - Elementary addition occupied (construction began in 1990)
2016 - Moved into STEM Addition (February)
2016 - Moved into new Music Suite and Art Room (August)